Swift Coastal Boats
Swift’s full range of Coastal boats are suitable for racing, as well as getting out into the surf having fun! You can row with confidence in more traditional rowing places or venture out into the ocean.
With racing in mind, these FISA certified boats have close to the maximum allowed waterline to optimize boat speed, as well as a considerable “rocker” for excellent surfing potential. The strong lip joint construction around boat increases overall durability and stiffness, makes boats easy to carry and crucially helps repel water when rowing through waves.
Swift Coastal racing boats are built using sandwich construction with fiberglass cloth and Lantor coremat with carbon tape for reinforcement of high stress areas. All of our coastal racing boats weigh in right at the FISA minimums allowed. They have a tough gel coat finish, with light grey hulls and choice of 4 colors for the upper part:
Red | Aqua Blue | Yellow | Light Grey
If you are set on a particular colour not in stock, you may need to wait for 8-10 weeks for an order
As is standard with the FISA design, there is an open transom, for immediate discharge of water inflow, with minimal area for water to remain in the cockpit. There is a lightweight flap at the stern to prevent the inflow of water from a following wave. We provide a lightweight throw line/tow line in a yellow throw-bag. It’s in an easy to reach position just behind the bow rower. As well as non-slip surfaces for stepping into boat. The current range of boats are recommended for competent rowers and perform best in coastal conditions in up to 60 cm (2 foot) waves.
Convenience and Comfort
There are handles at bow and stern for easy boat carrying, as well as netted areas to hold small items and drinks.
You’ll find answers to your frequently asked questions Coastal Boats Information.
7 reasons that make Swift Coastal Boats exceptional
- FISA certified specification for international competition
- Championship winning and record-breaking design and technology
- Optimum level of safety features, to cope with the extremes of offshore rowing
- Features to protect the equipment when used in shallow water i.e. beaches
- Design features to ensure ease of loading, carrying, transport and storage between locations
- Multiple set-up combinations to accommodate choices of scull or sweep rowing, as well
as steering and coxed or coxless options
- Over 33 Medals won at Coastal Rowing competitions including World Rowing, Asian & French Championships